Competitive salary, depending on experience + performance related bonus. Benefits include – hybrid working, pension contribution, 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, interest free season ticket loan.
Location: At least 50% London office based, with the option of 50% working from home. Regular travel to events and meetings in the UK will be required.
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (we are open to part time working – please let us know on your application if you would like to discuss this option). Occasionally you will need to work out of hours to support events and meetings.
Reporting to: Chief Executive
About ITS UK: Intelligent Transport Systems UK (ITS UK) is the voice of the transport technology industry. We provide a national platform to support the roll out of technology for a cleaner, safer and more effective transport network, both at home and abroad. We support our 150+ members – from both the private and public sector, and covering all sizes and disciplines – through advocacy to policy makers, connecting people and organisations, promoting the industry overseas and supporting innovation across the intelligent transport ecosystem.
ITS UK provides its members with extensive services, including:
- Advocacy and representation to Government, clients and policy makers;
- Opportunities for networking and professional development through our 15 Forums
- Provision of technical, commercial and policy information every week;
- Promotion of the UK ITS industry overseas, through briefings, visits overseas, hosting inwards visits; and
- Celebration of the sector through the ITS UK Awards, Member News Service etc.
ITS UK has a small highly flexible and dynamic team, with the Chief Executive supported by an Operations Manager, Accountant and Membership Officer. The Team works collaboratively together, at pace, to deliver effectively for members.
About the role:
Intelligent Transport Systems UK (ITS UK), the voice of the transport technology sector, is looking for a Membership Executive / Manager (dependent on experience) to support engagement with our 150+ members and drive growth in the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Membership Account Management
- Maintain regular contact and engagement with ITS UK Members, gathering feedback and following up from membership meetings.
- Arranging six monthly check ins with ITS UK Members.
- Maintaining records on ITS UK’s CRM system, including of Member interactions and keeping up-to-date details.
- Support members with enquiries, such as registering them for events, adding them to the Monday Newsletter, Forums etc.
- Issue renewal reminders in a timely manner and chase up lapsed renewals.
- Arrange quarterly ‘Make the Most of your Membership’ Webinars, and other member engagement events.
- Manage the Members Directory on the website and ITS UK Annual Review.
- Maintain and manage the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
- Develop and ‘sell in’ sponsorship proposals, working with the wider ITS UK team to develop compelling and attractive offers.
- Liaise between sponsors on delivery of projects.
- Finding, approaching and recruiting potential members and leads.
- Develop and keep up-to-date membership materials and collateral.
- Maintain the database of potential membership leads and sponsors.
- Ensure a smooth onboarding process for new members, with introductory meetings.
- Collate and design the weekly Newsletter to be circulated to members each Monday morning.
- Collate and design the monthly Potential Member Newsletter to be circulated to stakeholders at the end of each month.
- Support the team in maintaining and keeping the website up-to-date.
- Organise the distribution of the Annual Review publications via post.
- Undertake such general administrative and other tasks as necessary for the effective and efficient running of the organisation as may be required from time to time.
- Support at events and organisation of catering, AV etc. as and when required.
- Undertake other projects related to membership services or office management as required
We are looking for a target-driven, talented and pro-active individual who is ambitious, enthusiastic and a fast learner and someone who wants to gain experience at the heart of a growing and dynamic sector. You will be part of a small and close-knit team with the opportunity to develop yourself in a creative, innovative and interesting environment. This is the chance to be part of an organisation with ambitious plans for growth, and clear focus on delivering more and better services for the sector.
The right candidate should be a ‘people person’, enjoy meeting new contacts and developing positive working relationships with both current and potential members. They should have strong written and verbal skills, as well as commercial understanding, and be comfortable developing funding proposals and presenting them to prospective sponsors. A proactive attitude, energy and ability to interact effectively with others is key.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnership.
When applying, please let us know if there are any additional needs you may have as part of the application or interview process.
To Apply: Please send your CV (two pages max) and a one page cover letter to: email@example.com by Friday 8 September.