- This event has passed.
Unlocking Space For Business Roundtable
14 February @ 15:00 - 16:00
ITS UK Members are invited to a virtual roundtable with the UK Space Agency on innovative satellite data and service opportunities for the Transport & Logistics sector, as part of the government’s Unlocking Space for Business programme.
This virtual roundtable, hosted by ITS UK will be held on Teams, with a link circulated to attendees a week before the meeting.
About the Unlocking Space for Business Programme
In October 2023, the UK Space Agency launched a new 18-month programme to assist Transport & Logistics businesses to unlock the benefits of satellite data and services. This is being done through facilitating Insight & Networking, focused Exploration Workshops, L&D sessions and Government funding. Some of the opportunities from satellite data and services includes:
- Satellite imagery insights, including for infrastructure monitoring, land-use changes, ESG variables, weather assessments
- Connectivity capabilities, including for remote cargo monitoring, communicating with fleets/crew, passenger connectivity opportunities
- Geo-location and navigation solutions including for accurate cargo tracking, autonomous mobility support
We are hosting this roundtable to support businesses in finding out more about opportunities to drive innovation and business improvement through the use of satellite data and services, and how the UK Space Agency programme can support them. Organisations wishing to further engage with the programme can register their interest with the UK Space Agency here.
We will be joined on Wednesday 14 February by:
- Lydia Green, UK Space Agency, Head of Unlocking Space Programme
- Dan Osrin, PwC, UK Space Strategy Lead
- Grant Klein, PwC, Transport Partner
- Liam Braeger, Satellite Applications Catapult, Transport and Infrastructure Business Manager
The virtual roundtable will cover:
- Showcasing leading global innovation in Transport & Logistics through satellite data and services
- Discussing UK perspectives on challenges and opportunities that can be addressed
- How ‘Unlocking Space for Business’ is offering support to companies through funding, expertise and engagement.