Intelligent Transport Systems UK (ITS UK), the leading industry association for transport technology, and the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE), the main body for the development of professional highway engineering, have today agreed a partnership to deliver even greater benefits to their memberships and the wider sector.
Signed at Traffex, the major industry trade show for transport technology, the Professional Development Partnership between the two organisations will see:
- The mutual promotion of events, courses and activities;
- Discounts available for members of both organisations to each other’s events and courses;
- ITS UK events countable toward IHE’s continuing professional development (CPD) programme and promotion of IHE’s ITS courses to the ITS UK membership; and
- The opportunity to work together on policy development and representation to Government.
Max Sugarman, Chief Executive of Intelligent Transport Systems UK (ITS UK), said: “Transport technology is becoming ever more crucial to the effective and efficient running of our road network and it is therefore vital that, as an industry, we continue to focus on maintaining our understanding of the latest developments across the sector.
“So, I am very pleased today to agree a new partnership with the IHE that will support both our memberships in having access to the latest knowledge and events, support mutual promotion of the two organisations and see collaboration in representing the sector to Government. This agreement will be of great value to both memberships, supporting the sector in an ever-changing technology landscape.”
Steve Spender, Chief Executive at the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE), said: “The IHE Professional Development Partnership initiative was introduced by the Institute a couple of years ago and is intended to promote closer cooperation between the Institute of Highway Engineers and potential partners and other organisations working in the highways sector. Our aim is to work together to provide industry standard training, promote the IHE Highway Engineering Academy (HEA) and to support all the practitioners working in the highways sector through the provision of suitable training, guidance, and advice, and to assist them where appropriate in seeking membership of a professional body as well as guiding individuals through towards professional registration.
“The IHE is looking forward to working with ITS UK to support the membership of both organisations in the challenges faced in an increasingly technology driven environment, which will impact on the highway sector. I hope that the agreement will deliver mutual support and collaboration between our two organisations.”
Note to Editors
- About ITS UK: Intelligent Transport Systems UK (ITS UK) is the voice of the transport technology industry. ITS UK provides a national platform to support the roll out of technology for a cleaner, safer and more effective transport network, both at home and abroad. We support our 150+ members – from both the private and public sector, and covering all sizes and disciplines – through advocacy to policy makers, connecting people and organisations, promoting the industry overseas and supporting innovation across the intelligent transport ecosystem. www.its-uk.org
- About IHE: The Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) is the UK’s only national professional Institute which puts specialist highway and traffic practitioners first. IHE is run by and for the benefit of engineers and technicians. Our expertise extends to highway maintenance, traffic and transportation, road safety, highway design, traffic signal control, bridge maintenance, construction, and development management. We have been registering engineers and technicians with the Engineering Council since 1972 and accrediting academic courses since 1989. www.theihe.org