Intelligent Transport Systems UK (ITS UK) has launched a trade mission to Riga, Latvia, to take place on 13 and 14 April as part of our continuing export work and international outreach.
The two day trade mission will explore various transport projects across the country, giving ITS UK members insights to potential commercial opportunities across the nation.
Hosted by Latvia State’s Road Traffic Safety Directorate, the delegation visit will include:
- An overview of the Rail Baltica megaproject: A green field, high-speed railway being built in the Baltics with a multi-billion Euro budget. This is the prime rail project in Europe at the moment, uniting several European countries and utilising the latest technology
- An introduction to the Latvia Road Traffic Safety Directorate: The state organisation in charge of road safety, vehicle registration, etc. in Latvia will present on their opportunities and challenges, and how UK businesses can work with them
- Networking with the Latvia Intelligent Transport Cluster and ITS Latvia, as well as their member companies
- Presentations on Latvian electrification projects, EVs, IT systems within transport and more.
- Tour of the famous Latvia Motor Museum
Rukshan Soysa, Operations Manager at ITS UK, said: “Latvia provides great opportunities for the UK intelligent transport industry, with major projects like Rail Baltica and significant schemes across their road network too.
“We’re delighted to be working with the Latvian Embassy, ITS Latvia and other organisations across the nation to host this visit, bringing the two countries’ ITS sectors together to improve transport through technology.”
Ivars Zukovskis, Commercial Counsellor & Head of LIAA UK added, “The joint event with ITS UK at the Latvian Embassy in London last year revealed that both the UK and Latvia are innovative and tech-driven nations, which are shaping the future when it comes to the transport technology sector. It’s brilliant to continue the collaboration with ITS UK in 2023 as well, so we are inviting the ITS UK members to join the trade mission to explore more cooperation and partnership opportunities this time around in Riga, Latvia.”
Last year saw a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by both ITS UK and ITS Latvia at the Latvian Embassy, to mark the two organisations’ commitment to collaborate and work together.
If you would to know more about the event and how to join then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org